Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Bet

With every new year comes a clean slate and a fresh list of goals and opportunities. This year is certainly different for me than any year that I have ever encountered before.

I am a newly minted married man so now I have this interesting dichotomy with my New Years Resolutions or any goals that I create because I have double input now on everything. Its not a bad thing, its just one of the many adjustments that come with marriage.

One of the other interesting nuances of marriage is that sometimes goals are suggested by the other person. This is when things get really interesting. One of these exciting situations occured over the Christmas holiday. My wife is always in tip-top shape physically and that has not necessarily one of my strong points post college. SO...naturally, she proposes a friendly wager...


On February 25th we fly down to Arizona to visit my family. That is roughly two months away. My wife bet me that I can't lose 15 pounds by that time. She bet me that I cannot lose the weight. Again, that I can NOT lose the weight. Maybe that shows a lack of confidence, maybe it is her form of motivation, I am still new at this so I am trying to figure it out.

There are doubts in her mind, but hopefully as we close in on D-Day she will come around. The goal here is to lose the weight the right way and keep it off for the year, changing my habits and then immediately buying myself some different jeans. I will keep you all updated on the goings ons each day as we count down toward Feb. 25th.

Tonight I stepped on the scale under strict supervision. I weighed in at 290. Awesome. So, to win the bet I need to drop down to 275 in 48 days. Mark your calendars and follow the updates! I feel like I'm on the Biggest Loser, but that's whatever.

To win this wager I had to turn to a good friend to give me some sustainable weight loss tips.  A good friend name Mike Sorrentino, better known as the 'The Situation' from the greatest reality show of all time 'The Jersey Shore'. 2010 and about creating my own situation and who better to help me than 'The Situation' himself?

He is very wise and will help me be victorious! Stay Tuned!


1 comments:

Unknown said...

For the record, this is my form of motivation. I hope more than anyone that you can do it honey!

Post a Comment